Saturday, January 24, 2015

Khyri

I realize that by the time you read this, the "ouch" will have worn off for you, and when people ask about her you might say "I only remember her a little" or "I was so little when it happened that I don't remember."  This makes me sad, because you two were BEST friends.  You fought, like sisters, but whenever anyone would get near her you'd yell, "Hey! That's MY sister don't touch her!" You were super protective of her, even though she took your toys.  You two used to hug a lot.  I wish I had gotten a picture.  I will have an entire album of you two for you by the time you read this.  You are an amazing big sister.  You ask me a lot if we can call Jesus and tell Him it's time for her to come home.  You sometimes get really really quiet, and that's when I know that you are thinking of her.  Just today, you were using one of her sippy cups, and you asked me if we could take it to her.  You have such a huge heart.  I hope that you look back on the pictures of the two of you with smiles.  Right now, it's still a very fresh loss for all of us.  We all miss her a lot.  You tell me all the time, "It's okay to cry when we miss Khyri all the time right Mommy?"  And it breaks my heart, but I'm glad that you understand that crying is okay.  She loved you tons.  She followed you everywhere and played with you, she took your toys and you'd come screaming to tell on her...it was adorable.  Even after everythign, you saw the picture of her on your four wheeler and said, "MOMMY SHES ON MY FOUR WHEELER! OOOO!"  It made me smile.  Sometimes it gets hard for me, because you are still so small and innocent and don't have the understanding of the situation that we as adults do, sometimes it hurts to hear you talk about her like she's coming back, but at the same time I am SO thankful for you and your innocence.  I love it when you talk about seeing her.  You tell me often to wave at her in the clouds, and a few days after her funeral you asked me why she was in my arms while I was sleeping...I loved that.  I believe that you still have a connection to her that the rest of us don't.  You tell me, "Mommy you know Khyri is in our heart right?"  You are such a gem.  I love you Khaily Mae.

We wend for Froyo with Jen every time she came to town


We loved family time outside



This is the day you had tubes put in your ears

The day we moved into the 13th st house

at your fourth birthday party with grandpa 

No comments:

Post a Comment